VIII International Scientific Conference «Saint Petersburg and Musical Cultures of the Nations» «Petersburg Oriental Studies: Eurasian Musical Traditions by the Great Silk Road»
On November 20-22, in the Green Hall of Russian Institute for the History of Arts, Departament of Organology present the VIII International Scientific Conference «Saint Petersburg and Musical Cultures of the Nations» «Petersburg Oriental Studies: Eurasian Musical Traditions by the Great Silk Road» (under the auspices of the 6th St. Petersburg International Cultural Forum).
Researchers are offered a perspective of the consideration of traditional cultures through the prism of international musical communications that arose upon the existence of the Great Silk Road.
The conference is multidisciplinary in character and invites theoreticians, music historians, ethnomusicologists and organologists to participate, summarizes the achievements of philology, ethnography, history, and cultural studies, using methods and approaches developed in aforementioned fields.
1. The Great Silk Road in the Context of Cultural Communication.
2. Traditions of musical cultures on the Great Silk Road.
3. The Eastern factor in the formation and evolution of the musical culture of Europe.
4. Saint Petersburg musical oriental studies.
5. Saint Petersburg scientific school in the history of studying musical cultures of the nations.
6. Ethnic musical traditions in Saint Petersburg and the North-West region of Russia.
7. Traditions of the Nations in the musical culture of Saint Petersburg: past and present.
In addition to scientific reports, concerts, lectures, master classes, round tables, publication of the conference materials collection there are planned within the framework of the event.